ampd
Aug 7, 07:52 AM
When apple releases new products are they normally ready to ship that day? Hopefully they won't need to charge my card right away until they ship it at a later date...I have no money but am still gonna buy a new expensive mac pro.... :confused:
dethmaShine
May 2, 05:26 PM
i think I'm horribly wrong here.
You can drag and drop the app (any deletable) in the trash and it will come up with the same pop up. There's no need to hold down on the app to enable deletion. Fair enough on apple's side.
/rant.
You can drag and drop the app (any deletable) in the trash and it will come up with the same pop up. There's no need to hold down on the app to enable deletion. Fair enough on apple's side.
/rant.
BJB Productions
Apr 12, 10:09 PM
...and what about the rest of the Pro apps? Just wondering.
neonmd
Sep 17, 01:21 PM
It is the best handheld device I have ever used. I could go on about most every feature but here is maybe my favorite. I have used the phone now for 2 days straight(I work that long about 5 times a month) and I still haven't dropped below 20% battery. This feature alone makes it unreal when you think of everything it does.
No case for me.
Can definitely make my bars drop in weak signal areas.
Has never affected my use of the phone or anything else.
Definitely recommend.
Dropped my subscription to Consumer Reports.
No case for me.
Can definitely make my bars drop in weak signal areas.
Has never affected my use of the phone or anything else.
Definitely recommend.
Dropped my subscription to Consumer Reports.
Kane.Elson
Jan 4, 09:27 PM
Only thing I can hope for is that they have some updates on Leopard like doing a blackish gray theme or something.
Ekk no, please please please apple if you are going to put a black theme in leave the light theme as an option. I can't stand dark themes and having one would really ruin the useability of OSX for me. I like my desktops light and cheerfull....
Ekk no, please please please apple if you are going to put a black theme in leave the light theme as an option. I can't stand dark themes and having one would really ruin the useability of OSX for me. I like my desktops light and cheerfull....
applekid
Sep 1, 12:34 PM
Man, if they can fit something better than a ATI Radeon X1600 XT or whatever nVidia equivalent, that would be awesome.
If they do release a 23-inch iMac, I'm wondering if that's big enough for more user upgrades. Processor replacements, adding a PCI or replacing a GPU, etc. I mean, if there's space for it, I would certainly like an all-in-one iMac that has upgradable features that make it almost Mac Pro like. The only damper on the non-Mac Pro desktops and laptops is your upgrade paths are limited.
If they do release a 23-inch iMac, I'm wondering if that's big enough for more user upgrades. Processor replacements, adding a PCI or replacing a GPU, etc. I mean, if there's space for it, I would certainly like an all-in-one iMac that has upgradable features that make it almost Mac Pro like. The only damper on the non-Mac Pro desktops and laptops is your upgrade paths are limited.
yuyi64
Sep 24, 10:54 AM
I've been waiting so long for this case :( Does anyone know when they're gonna release it?
It's already been released. Best Buy has been selling them for more than a week now.
It's already been released. Best Buy has been selling them for more than a week now.
Rodimus Prime
Apr 10, 10:56 AM
I definitely think driving a manual makes me a safer, more attentive driver.
I'm against crap that makes people lazy like adaptive cruise control, auto headlights and auto wipers and stuff like that, I suppose an automatic can fall in there too. That stuff makes drivers lazy and inattentive because they don't have to concentrate on the road.
The amount of times I see people who do not turn on their head lights at night makes me glad that a lot of cars have automatic headlights.
Way to many people refuse to turn on their headlights until they need them to to light up the road. They do not understand the fact that headlights also make a hell of a lot easier for other drivers to SEE YOU. Automatic headlights solve that issue.
As for adabptive cruise control I will admit I want that because on long drives having to mess with the cruise control settings gets annoying that or if I am following someone on long distance road trips it is hard to use the cruise unless you are the lead car.
As for me I drive a Manual but I also know manuals are a dieing bread as modern Automatics have gotten to the point they remove almost all the advantages manuals had. They can and often times do get better fuel economy due to the fact in city driving they have a computer that can shift exactly at the best point for the given power demand. Something no human can match and then at cruising speed the tranny and the engine are physically lock together just like in a manual so that advantage is gone. Hell they are not putting clutches in automatics that the car controls farther killing any plus the manuals had left.
I'm against crap that makes people lazy like adaptive cruise control, auto headlights and auto wipers and stuff like that, I suppose an automatic can fall in there too. That stuff makes drivers lazy and inattentive because they don't have to concentrate on the road.
The amount of times I see people who do not turn on their head lights at night makes me glad that a lot of cars have automatic headlights.
Way to many people refuse to turn on their headlights until they need them to to light up the road. They do not understand the fact that headlights also make a hell of a lot easier for other drivers to SEE YOU. Automatic headlights solve that issue.
As for adabptive cruise control I will admit I want that because on long drives having to mess with the cruise control settings gets annoying that or if I am following someone on long distance road trips it is hard to use the cruise unless you are the lead car.
As for me I drive a Manual but I also know manuals are a dieing bread as modern Automatics have gotten to the point they remove almost all the advantages manuals had. They can and often times do get better fuel economy due to the fact in city driving they have a computer that can shift exactly at the best point for the given power demand. Something no human can match and then at cruising speed the tranny and the engine are physically lock together just like in a manual so that advantage is gone. Hell they are not putting clutches in automatics that the car controls farther killing any plus the manuals had left.
Angrisano
Sep 6, 08:05 PM
I can not believe how long it has taken me to finally bother to register here...And it has taken the release of an iMac to do it.
Ironically I've been a longtime reader myself and just registered because of this article, though for exactly the opposite reason as you. :D
And yes I realize my complaints about a mid-range tower probably seem pointless to most. But the iMac just doesn't seem to meet my needs. I'm happy with my current dual monitors (which match in size and resolution) and I'd prefer more than a 128mb graphics card.
Moreover, I've been a Mac user since 1993 and never owned a single LCD-based Mac which didn't have a dead pixel. That's about seven Macs, including my current MacBook. Bad luck, I realize but I'm just not buying an all-in-one desktop from Apple. :p
Ironically I've been a longtime reader myself and just registered because of this article, though for exactly the opposite reason as you. :D
And yes I realize my complaints about a mid-range tower probably seem pointless to most. But the iMac just doesn't seem to meet my needs. I'm happy with my current dual monitors (which match in size and resolution) and I'd prefer more than a 128mb graphics card.
Moreover, I've been a Mac user since 1993 and never owned a single LCD-based Mac which didn't have a dead pixel. That's about seven Macs, including my current MacBook. Bad luck, I realize but I'm just not buying an all-in-one desktop from Apple. :p
rickdollar
Apr 19, 02:55 PM
The logical thing would to mirror the recent MBP refresh. I really dont think they would include USB 3.0 ports until Ivy Bridge.
It doesn't look like it according to the quote but he was referring to Ivy Bridge.
It doesn't look like it according to the quote but he was referring to Ivy Bridge.
Alexjungle
Apr 20, 02:33 PM
iMacs will have the new i9 sandy beach chip, 3G and retina display.
nagromme
Nov 29, 04:27 PM
Living room, car, blah blah blah.
Nobody has yet delivered a truly GOOD streaming media solution for my hot air balloon. Are you listening Apple???!!!!! :mad:
Nobody has yet delivered a truly GOOD streaming media solution for my hot air balloon. Are you listening Apple???!!!!! :mad:
DrFrankTM
Sep 1, 01:45 PM
No way would I pay an extra $500 for an 8% faster machine and a slighly larger display, when for that money I can go with the 20" and buy a second widescreen 20" display and have a HUGE viewable area.
The 23" is going to have to be a LOT closer to the 20" in order for it to sell. I'm thinking $1899 or $1999, or else it will have to be decked out with extra RAM, HD space, or CPU speed.
I don't really know about the ideal price difference, but for some people, it wouldn't matter much. If you want a system with a lot of screen space, then you can get two 1920x1200 monitors. Sure, it will cost you, but if you need the space, then you'll go for the 23-inch. Also, to watch movies, a big screen is better than two small ones. It all depends on what you need the computer for...
The 23" is going to have to be a LOT closer to the 20" in order for it to sell. I'm thinking $1899 or $1999, or else it will have to be decked out with extra RAM, HD space, or CPU speed.
I don't really know about the ideal price difference, but for some people, it wouldn't matter much. If you want a system with a lot of screen space, then you can get two 1920x1200 monitors. Sure, it will cost you, but if you need the space, then you'll go for the 23-inch. Also, to watch movies, a big screen is better than two small ones. It all depends on what you need the computer for...
fanboy
Jan 11, 08:30 PM
13" screen means you can only shave about a pound off the Macbook's current weight - so a 4lb, not 3lb. notebook.
If the above is true, then I guess this is not a macbook lite, but a macbook pro lite, so I'd expect starting price of $1999.
They might be able to make it lighter with a smaller enclosure, no hd, no optical drive, and a smaller battery. But, yeah, probably closer to 4lbs than 3lbs.
If the above is true, then I guess this is not a macbook lite, but a macbook pro lite, so I'd expect starting price of $1999.
They might be able to make it lighter with a smaller enclosure, no hd, no optical drive, and a smaller battery. But, yeah, probably closer to 4lbs than 3lbs.
Outrun1986
Oct 12, 04:38 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a maroon case?
I don't want a silicon or a hard case, so it would have to be something else, preferably a case like the belkin grip vue, which seems to be the best case out there so far.
I don't want a silicon or a hard case, so it would have to be something else, preferably a case like the belkin grip vue, which seems to be the best case out there so far.
know-it-all5
Jan 1, 07:07 PM
that pic, means a great macworld. it means jobs is going all out for the 30th anniversary things.
franswa za
May 3, 04:45 AM
i bought my first ever ipad last week............
today while working on my macbook i touched its screen to flick through pictures...... amazing how easily we transform?
today while working on my macbook i touched its screen to flick through pictures...... amazing how easily we transform?
kalsta
Apr 3, 05:06 AM
A bit schmaltzy to be sure, but much, much better than the recent 'you don't have an iPhone' ads. This one is positive, and tries to get to the heart of Apple's design philosophy. Notice how the device itself is hardly even seen � just subtle hints of its outline. All the focus is on the display's content and the fingers interacting with it. It's the principle of 'less is more', or minimalist design � approaching the ideal of a user interface that provides the illusion of direct manipulation of virtual objects as much as possible, without getting in your way.
Small White Car
Aug 29, 09:06 AM
Why is everyone so hung up on Merom?
I never expected the mini to go that way this year. Remember, the entire point of the mini is to be LOW COST.
The switch to Intel caused the price of the mini to jump $100. I would much rather see its processor lag behind a little bit if they can get that price back to $499.
Same thing with the Macbook, I'd rather see a $999 Macbook with the current chips than a $1,099 Macbook that keeps up with the Macbook Pro's chips.
Of course, there's nothing saying Apple will lower the prices but IF they do then I would be very happy to see the "old" Intel chips stay in those machines another 6 months. The first core chips are still VERY fast chips, it's the rest of the system (video card) that's holding things up now. I wonder how much extra benefit you'd even get from a Merom chip in a mini.
I never expected the mini to go that way this year. Remember, the entire point of the mini is to be LOW COST.
The switch to Intel caused the price of the mini to jump $100. I would much rather see its processor lag behind a little bit if they can get that price back to $499.
Same thing with the Macbook, I'd rather see a $999 Macbook with the current chips than a $1,099 Macbook that keeps up with the Macbook Pro's chips.
Of course, there's nothing saying Apple will lower the prices but IF they do then I would be very happy to see the "old" Intel chips stay in those machines another 6 months. The first core chips are still VERY fast chips, it's the rest of the system (video card) that's holding things up now. I wonder how much extra benefit you'd even get from a Merom chip in a mini.
wordoflife
Nov 26, 09:36 AM
How open minded of you...
Let's be honest, at least it wasn't a ....
http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/safe2.jpg
a safe.
Last purchase: iTunes Giftcard
http://images.apple.com/itunes/gifts/images/hero20090909.jpg
Let's be honest, at least it wasn't a ....
http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/safe2.jpg
a safe.
Last purchase: iTunes Giftcard
http://images.apple.com/itunes/gifts/images/hero20090909.jpg
quagmire
Jan 5, 04:03 PM
I'm not a fan of the blue lights either (though I do like the LED lights on MBZ and Audi and the angel eyes on BMWs)
I like the smoked tails because it just seems to flush and flow with the car.. the red lights were just too bright. The lights can be seen, they don't completely cover the light... the backup lights are 100% visible, and the break lights shine right through the overlays (even in complete day light)
Some people though black out everything including the backup lights. There is this one person in my apartment complex that has his taillights all black and I couldn't see his backup lights and as I got up to his car, he started to back out. Luckily he saw me.
I like the smoked tails because it just seems to flush and flow with the car.. the red lights were just too bright. The lights can be seen, they don't completely cover the light... the backup lights are 100% visible, and the break lights shine right through the overlays (even in complete day light)
Some people though black out everything including the backup lights. There is this one person in my apartment complex that has his taillights all black and I couldn't see his backup lights and as I got up to his car, he started to back out. Luckily he saw me.
tokevino
Aug 7, 12:24 AM
I am buying an iMac very soon, and I just want a 64-bit intel core in it. Cmon merom!
IMHO, only Mac Pro and MacBook Pro will get the chance for Core 2s. Intel simply doesn't have the production, yet.
Do you have a particular need for 64 bit computing?
IMHO, only Mac Pro and MacBook Pro will get the chance for Core 2s. Intel simply doesn't have the production, yet.
Do you have a particular need for 64 bit computing?
skiltrip
Oct 14, 09:12 AM
That actually looks really good! Did you end up returning your other case to BB?
I didn't yet. I'm sort of torn. I keep trying to think why it would be good to have a "backup" case, but I really haven't come up with one, so it'll probably just go back. Just been too busy to do it. But 20 bucks is 20 bucks, I should definitely bring that sucker back.
I didn't yet. I'm sort of torn. I keep trying to think why it would be good to have a "backup" case, but I really haven't come up with one, so it'll probably just go back. Just been too busy to do it. But 20 bucks is 20 bucks, I should definitely bring that sucker back.
rasmasyean
Mar 31, 02:15 PM
To say any one country defeated the nazis really isn't true. It's as unreasonable a claim as rasmasyean's wargasmic fantasy :p
As it was, the nazi invasion of russia came very close to success. Would the soviets have defeated the nazis if germany hadn't also been engaged in northern africa and then italy and western europe at the same time they were fighting the soviets? Would they have have beaten Hitler if he hadn't gone against the advice of his generals and made some disastrous decisions? Didn't the Persian supply corridor factor into the soviets being able to hold off the germans? etc etc etc
The reality is that the allied forces beat the nazis and not any one country.
But wargasm fantasy aside, I still think that even if the Americans didn't enter the war directly and assuming they didn't supply the Allies with weapons, and they were still able to hold off Nazis by themselves, the Manhattan project sequence was already on the way. It's no doubt that US would have "tested" them not only in Japan, but all over Europe. And I don't think any of the Axis would have kept going.
As it was, the nazi invasion of russia came very close to success. Would the soviets have defeated the nazis if germany hadn't also been engaged in northern africa and then italy and western europe at the same time they were fighting the soviets? Would they have have beaten Hitler if he hadn't gone against the advice of his generals and made some disastrous decisions? Didn't the Persian supply corridor factor into the soviets being able to hold off the germans? etc etc etc
The reality is that the allied forces beat the nazis and not any one country.
But wargasm fantasy aside, I still think that even if the Americans didn't enter the war directly and assuming they didn't supply the Allies with weapons, and they were still able to hold off Nazis by themselves, the Manhattan project sequence was already on the way. It's no doubt that US would have "tested" them not only in Japan, but all over Europe. And I don't think any of the Axis would have kept going.
No comments:
Post a Comment