Friday 1 April 2011

Snacking Saturday- I'm a Geek for Greek

Welcome to my new food review feature! It's no secret that I love snacking, it gets frequently mentioned on here and I thought it'd be good to share what I'm trying and loving/hating right now!

Kicking off with something amazing from Total Greek Yoghurt who got in touch with me a couple of weeks ago to ask if I wanted to try some of their new 0% split pots to review on the blog (please note that whilst the yoghurts was free, my review is honest and fair). I have long been a fan of Total products, in fact last year it is pretty much what kept me alive...so I was never going to turn down this chance. I did have one question though...how does one receive a parcel of yoghurt?

I soon found out the answer!

Photobucket

Photobucket

(the bag will be toted around for many a summer picnic!)

The split pot yoghurts come in four flavours; Strawberry, Blueberry, Tropical and Honey and there is also a 2% version of the Honey flavour. The fruit flavours come in at under 130 calories per pot, and the 0% honey contains 168. They also boast around 8.3g Protein per pot leaving them nutritionally superior to many yoghurts on the market, and provide long lasting munchie busting skills.
(You can get the full nutritional breakdown on the website)

The first flavour I tried was Blueberry.

Photobucket

This was probably my favourite despite me not being the biggest lover of blueberry flavoured things. The fruit was just sweet enough to contrast with the yoghurt without being sickly. I've since devoured my blueberry stash at an alarming pace!

Next up was Strawberry.

Photobucket

Photobucket

(please excuse the fact I am not a food photographer!)

Some people might find this too sweet (both this and the tropical have 1g more sugar than the Blueberry) but I have a major sweet tooth and loved it. The strawberry and yoghurt combination reminded me of cheesecake...and to further test this theory I spread a layer of the yoghurt and the fruit on a digestive biscuit and called it pudding one night. AMAZING!

Photobucket

Tropical was nice, but verging on too sweet even for me. What I really liked was the chunks of kiwi in the fruit part as it broke up the blandness of the texture. I did really love this, I just feel it could stand to be a little less sweet. The tropical flavours were incredible.

Photobucket

The honey flavoured one got off to a bad start with me because I really, really don't like honey. However, being the trooper I am I ate it anyway and decided it wasn't *tooo* bad when really well mixed together.
Honey fans will love this, I am sure...the honey goes quite solid in the fridge and you get a cool gooey effect that amused me.

Photobucket

HONEY GOO!

Overall I'd eat all of these again (though I probably won't be buying the honey one). I've only seen these for sale in Waitrose so far and they are quite pricey at £1.49 a pot...but for the satiety factor and healthy nutrition stats I'd say they are well worth it for a snack or dessert, and overall will probably save money on buying biscuits and chocolate because you won't be as hungry!
(see here for a where to buy guide)

BIG thank you to Total for sending these. I officially love you.

Are you a fan of Greek Yoghurt? Have you tried these yet?

What is your favourite yoghurty snack?

and are there any products you would like to see featured?

xxx

P.S. Matalan are making a come back to our screens this weekend! Here's some behind the scenes footage for you, enjoy! x

No comments:

Post a Comment