Wednesday 16 March 2011

Dare to Dream

Ok, so working 9-5 might be a (not so slight) exaggeration on what I do, but good news on the work front for me...
My four month contract has been extended to at least a year and I've been offered 17 hours a week, instead of 12 starting from 4th April! This is the most I have been able to work for years, in a job I love and a year ago (just one year ago) things were so very different. Even 6 months ago I never dared hope things could be this.good.

Today I've gone for colour, lots of colour! I bought this ASOS dress just after Christmas I think and have so far worn it the grand total of once, to a work evening.
I debated for ages if it was work appropriate or even flattering. I put too much thought in to things. I like it so I'm wearing it. Fact.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

For so many years I've told myself I didn't deserve good things, or to be healthy, or happy. This last year alone has opened my eyes in so many ways and now...well, things aren't perfect, but I've stopped striving for perfection. I want to live in, and enjoy the here and now; something I haven't been able to do since before I first 'got ill' at 15.

You know what?
It's the best feeling EVER.

Photobucket

It's ok to dream. It might just come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment