Thursday 31 March 2011

Softly Softly

You know when you get one of those days that REALLY doesn't go to plan? Yeah, that would be yesterday. I got home from work expecting to be able to chill out and unwind but ended up with some unexpected stresses that had to be dealt with and it really dragged me down.

Pfft. The trials of being a grown up, eh? By the evening, thanks largely to the wonders of twitter and my ever understanding parents things were on the up and this morning I was able to dust my hands of the biggest problem!

It did give me some insight though, on how stress makes me view myself. Instantly I had gained 20lbs and was worthless. Instead of the strong, capable (and not every expanding) girl I had seen earlier that day.
A learning curve, for sure...and the residual negativity this morning I am pushing to one side and carrying on as usual.

Which brings me to my outfit,
the second item from Pixie Knitwear which no one guessed correctly! Most people thought I'd gone for the maxi dress, and whilst I did toy with that idea, I wanted to break out of my comfort zone a bit and go for something girly and feminine (and pale...I don't do pale, I drink too much black coffee and eat too much ketchup to do pale!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And a close up of the tights, which were on super sale in Accessorize and I was forced in to buying by my shopping partner in crime (who knows who she is!)

Photobucket

I mentioned on twitter last night that I'm expanding my blogging horizons a bit and shall be venturing in to some food reviews soon. This is something I have wanted to do for a long time and I finally feel more comfortable in making it a regular thing. I hope you'll enjoy them and share some foodie favourites with me, too.

But before all that, comes a giveaway....that goes up tomorrow, watch this space!

xxx

P.S. Charli has featured me on her blog Feminine Bravery

No comments:

Post a Comment