Thursday 17 March 2011

I Made you a (Vegan) Cupcake

This weekend is going to be a good one, my brother and his girlfriend are coming to stay (first time meeting her) and Bro, Dad and I are going to see Interpol on Saturday night.
In preparation for their arrival, and to score "good sister" brownie points I decided I would bake something. Bro's girlfriend is allergic to eggs so I had the perfect opportunity to break out "Vegan Cupcakes take Over the World" and have my first adventure in Vegan Baking.

Photobucket

The whole time I was mixing the above ingredients I wondered how on earth that odd assortment could taste palatable...let alone cupcake like! A quick (clean) finger dip surprised me...cake batter, with no raw egg to worry about....HELLO bowl licking duties.

Photobucket

It was a very runny batter and in hindsight I should have either made smaller cupcakes OR run out to get some muffin cases, because despite my hesitation these cakes ROSE

Photobucket

And ended up like this!
Never mind, lesson learnt and a quick trim (and trimming sampling) later and I had something more presentable.

Photobucket

The cakes were decorated with a vegan rich chocolate ganache (also from the book) which was SO easy to make and excellent for drizzling.

Photobucket

And overall, I don't think I did such a bad job of making them look better, right?

Photobucket

Right.

Outfit today is bordering on indecent length wise, I might or might not add shorts when I pop out later ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket

And makeup was kept natural. I've just started using Witch's primer which is doing wonders for my skin!

Photobucket

The end.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment