Thursday 10 March 2011

rule breaking

Oh yes, it's another one of those "I've just broken down another of my mental barriers" posts. I'm sorry, if your sick of them do feel free to turn away now.

The feedback on my trousers post, even before I'd left the house an hour or so later was so immense, it truly did give me that added boost of confidence I needed to stick with that outfit. I'm facing a similar scenario today...The challenge?

Skinny jeans and a notdownpastmythighs length top.
This barrier has been in place for years. The number one spot my eating disordered thinking focused on was my thighs, and even now...miles away from that deep dark place, yet not entirely there, if I am having a wobble (so to speak) my legs are the first place my insecurity manifests. This also explains my lack of skirts and dresses, they add no emphasis on each leg, there's no lines to define and you can pick the length to suit your mood/confidence.
Anyway, back to this issue. I have never been comfortable with wearing skinny jeans with anything shorter than a mid-thigh length top. I don't actually own any skinny jeans, the ones I wear are Mum's quite simply because they are the only pair that have ever felt right. And sod's law, Next don't make them any more!
With my recent spring shopping sprees I've bought tops/blouses that are suitable for work and play,
and sometimes a skirt doesn't cut it. I want to be more casual, yet not leave those tops languishing.

The result...I am going shopping in Bristol with a very wonderful friend and I AM going to wear this outfit and post pictures on the internet because it helps me. Thank you very much.

003

004

005

006

For you all...

007

I do apologise for the frequency of these posts, but you see, this isn't just a blog to share what I like/want to buy/wear etc,
it's also for me a photographic record of how far I've come, and a place to gain some perspective on bad body image days. Sometimes I'll feel horrific in a particular outfit, yet come back to my blog a day or so later and realise "hey, that wasn't so bad" and therefore learn to trust myself, and not the demons.
These photos are a prime example of fake it till you make it. Did I feel as confident as I look taking them? Not one bit...but in time, in time...

The vest, by the way, is a purchase I was forced in to by Twitter. From Topshop, £16.

I wish you all a wonderful Friday,
what are your clothing barriers? Have you broken any lately?

xxxxx

P.S. Last few hours to enter the MissyC giveaway, it closes this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment