Tuesday 29 March 2011

Calvin Harris enters Twitter feud with Katy Perry after pulling out of UK tour

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

Mobbed by fans: Katy Perry was greeted by fans outside her Dublin hotel yesterday ahead of her Irish gig as part of her UK tour


Katy Perry and Calvin Harris have had a very public bust up over Twitter after the Flashback star pulled out of her UK shows.

Calvin was scheduled to open for Katy’s gigs but cancelled last minute after being angered over set arrangements.

The furious I Kissed A Girl singer vented on Twitter, posting: ‘Calvin Harris will NOT be joining in on the fun and has CANCELLED last minute.’


Twitter rant: Katy Perry and Calvin Harris had an argument over Twitter after he pulled out of her UK tour


To which Calvin, 27, replied: ‘Sorry to all who wanted to see me with Katy – her team suddenly moved the goalposts and I was to appear on stage with no production.’

Russell Brand’s wife Katy hit back again with: ‘The goalpost seems to be perfectly fine for New Young Pony Club, Yelle, Robyn, Marina & The Diamonds, to name a few.


Cancellation: Calvin Harris, who cancelled on Perry's gig, was partying in Las Vegas with Jennifer Love Hewitt earlier in the month


‘Or how bout Janell Monae and her 16 piece band… It’s fine, I’m used to you cancelling on me, it’s become ur staple!’

Calvin then twisted the knife further by tweeting: ‘It would have looked s***, sounded s*** - trust me you would have been more disappointed SEEING the show than u are with me cancelling.’


Excited fan: One of Perry's fans waited outside her Dublin hotel with a photograph of her with no make-up on (hoping for an autograph)


But he later tried to back track by complimenting Perry, tweeting: ‘Her show is AWESOME, you’ll have an amazing time without me. (especially w/o me DJing on a cardboard box in front of a pink curtain)

And then apologised, posting: ‘I’m really sorry @katyperry I’m just upset because I really wanted to play but ur team made it impossible.

‘We tried really hard to sort it out, but playing side of stage for 30 mins, it seemed pointless me even being there. Didn’t intend to cause offence or upset anybody.’

But Calvin’s cancellation seemed to spark fury with Katy Perry fans also, who started sending abuse to the DJ.

Calvin retaliated by tweeting: ‘WTF are Katy Perry fans telling me to KILL MYSELF on twitter for? Seriously. I’m a producer making music. Leave me alone please thanks x’


source: dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment