Wednesday 17 February 2010

17.02 stars

Hello, mid-week again. I still feel like it's Monday. I hope things are going well so far and no-one is feeling sad.

This post contains my outfits from yesterday and today as well as the baking I mentioned in my last post.

The dress I'm wearing here has fast become my favourite for its softness and warmth and pretty lace detailing. I only blogged it a couple of weeks ago, when it was brand new but love it enough to post it again ;)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Today my outfit was more about comfort and practicality for being in the kitchen all morning, so jeans were slung on with a pretty top to make it more feminine.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And what did I bake?
Well last week my Mum came home from work with a request from one of her colleagues who has her birthday tomorrow.
She wanted 2 plain cakes, decorated as I wished, as she had become a big fan of the stuff I send in for the staff (recent favourite is flapjack)

So, plain cakes it was

Photobucket

A decoration wise?
I have some Cath Kidston writing paper and one sheet is pink with white stars, I love it and thought it'd be a nice concept for a cake...so...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

What the photos dont capture, is that I used edible glitter mixed with liquid glucose to make the stars sparkle. It is such a pretty effect but was really simple to achieve.

I'm off now to rest my aching arms. Tis the only downside to baking everything from scratch!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment