Sunday 21 February 2010

My Heart's All A Flutter...



How could it not be - when I'm gazing at such beauty. Home's that are all in white with a splatter of pale blue or mint green are just the most beautiful of all. They have a lightness of being - a joyful spirit. They're easy going, no fuss, go-with-the-flow kinds of spaces. Just the kind that I love living in.

The clock has been ticking for me lately! In a decorating kind of way, of course... You see, my first 'How To Decorate' Workshop is almost upon us. On 12th March, I have 20 lovely ladies descending on my hometown of Bangalow for a day of decorating and creativity. The workshops are being held at The Little Cottage - my studio workshop right in the middle of town. And so, Nicky (my trusty offsider) and I have been working furiously to make the cottage as pretty as it can be for our guests. And a palette of blue and mint green - just like the colours in these pics - is exactly what I've been using to infuse the cottage with a sense of light heartedness and joy. We've been having a ball, Nicky and I. Painting furniture, hanging fabrics, stringing bunting, devising menus for our lovely ploughman's lunch. Ah, such fun! Now, don't think that you guys are going to miss out - there'll be pics on the way. In fact, you'll be shocked by the transformation! But those will have to wait for another day. In the meantime, there's flowers to be potted and prettiness to be hung...

pics from Country Living

No comments:

Post a Comment