Thursday 25 November 2010

Progress?...



I thought you might like to see that some progress is being made on the pool front - albeit at a snails pace - but good things take time - or so they say!!!
I'd like to introduce you to my stone pool cabana - the love of my life at this point in time... Don't you just love all things stone - particularly when those stones have been painstakingly placed by old-fashioned artisans into streamlined shapes and turned into lovely things like this... I have loved watching the stone masons creating this monolithic structure in my back garden - it feels so antiquated, so grounded and so forever to have such a beautiful thing at the doorstep... They are true artisans these blokes and I have such respect for their craft... I think this cabana is turning out quite well and it has inspired me to infuse a little more stonewalling into our garden... To finish off this space, we'll be building a pergola over the top - upon which I'm hoping to swathe a lovely flowering vine. Divine...What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment