Tuesday 15 March 2011

'You're the one, Em': Brad Womack proposes to Emily Maynard in the tear-jerking finale of The Bachelor

By Daily Mail Reporter


On bended knee: Brad Womack proposed to single mother Emily Maynard on the tear-jerking finale of The Bachelor last night


He caused major controversy when he rejected DeAnna Pappas and Jenni Croft in his first Bachelor spell, but Brad Womack finally found the woman of his dreams when he proposed to Emily Maynard, last night.

The 38-year-old got down on bended knee and presented the single mother with a stunning Neil Lane diamond ring in the tear-jerking finale of The Bachelor.

The tragic stricken beautiful blonde who lost her fiancé in a car crash six years ago, blinked back tears in the emotional moment that fans had been waiting for.


'You're so much more to me than a leap of faith. You're the one, Em," Brad told her.

'I love you...You're my once in a lifetime.'

Brad said all of the words the 24-year-old had been waiting to hear as the couple stood in the sunset strewn gardens of famous golfer Ernie Els Wine Estate in Cape Town, South Africa.

'I'm asking you to give me your forever. Please let me be your best friend, let me protect you and your beautiful daughter and please give me the opportunity to love you for the rest of your life,' he said.

Determined: Brad said all of the words the 24-year-old had been waiting to hear as the couple stood in the sunset strewn gardens of famous golfer Ernie Els Wine Estate in Cape Town, Africa

The sparkler: Brad presented Emily with a stunning Neil Lane diamond ring


Brad, who had been previously dubbed 'The Cad' after his last disastrous 2007 Bachelor finale, admitted to Emily that he had made mistakes in the past, but that she had changed all of that.

I've gone through so much to get to where I am today. I've made so many mistakes and had so many ups and downs,' he said.

'I always believed that when the time was right, I'd find the woman that I've been looking for for my entire life.


Happiness: The moment that Emily found out that she going to be the next Mrs Womack

Emotion: A speechless Emily, could barely contain her tears as she accepted his proposal


'I knew it would take opening up ways in I wasn't used to….All it took was coming here and finding you.'

After the romantic-filled moment, Brad took a moment of reflection.

'I'm confident that I chose the right woman,' he said. 'I'm even more confident in our love and that it's very real. I mean it.'

A speechless Emily, could barely contain her tears as she accepted his proposal.
'I'm just really, really happy,' she said.

'There's no question in my mind that Brad is the right person for me,' she said in her own reflection.

The final choice may have came as a surprise to some fans as earlier in the episode, it appeared that Emily may had ruined her chances of being Brad's fiancée.

Tenderness: The couple kissed and cuddled after the proposal


After their final date, she questioned Brad about his readiness to be a step-father to her five-year-old daughter Ricki.

Consistently reminding Brad that having a child is 'not always fun', he began to get frustrated with her.

'I don't think you're ready,' Brad told her, shaking his head in disbelief.

In retrospect, Emily was shattered about the outcome.

'I really just messed it up big-time,' she said. 'Every time something like this happens, my head absolutely sabotages my heart...and I screwed myself.'

And Brad was equally devastated.

'I'm completely defeated,' he said. 'This particular date is making me question everything.'

Doubt: Earlier in the night it appeared that Emily may had ruined her chances of being Brad's fiancée


But earlier it was clear that Emily had already come into the fold of Brad's world, especially when she won over his parent's with her 'down-to-earth' attitude.

After telling his family the story of how she lost her fiancé Ricky Hendrick in a plane crash whilst she was six-months pregnant, they were won over by her bravery as a single mother in the face of adversity, and willingness to let somebody into her life.

'My favourite thing that Emily said to me today was that Brad was her angel,' his mother Pam said. 'I think she's had a very difficult time...so I want this to be very good for her.'

Tears: Before proposing to Emily, Brad had the hard job of letting down other finalist Chantal O'Brien, who clearly didn't take the news well


Before proposing to Emily, Brad had the difficult task of letting down other finalist Chantal O'Brien, who clearly didn't take the news well.

Immediately the 28-year-old burst into tears when he broke the bad news.

'I don't know how else to say except I have strong feelings for someone else,' he told her.

After many sobs, with dignity, Chantal pulled herself together and said: 'You're an amazing person. Emily's very lucky. It just sucks because I felt so strongly.'

Excruciating ride home: Chantal left in a limo without a rose or Brad






Source;dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment