Thursday 10 March 2011

Rocking the Red Pump


After reading on Hazel's Blog about today, March 10th being "Rock the Red Pump" I knew I wanted to take part.

It's an 'initiative to raise awareness about the increasing impact of HIV/AIDS on women and girls and encourages ladies to take action.'

March 10th is National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day and all you have to show your support is don your red shoes for the day.

I don't technically own any red pumps, and certainly not any that are suitable for my shift at work later, so I decided to split my day in two and wear red heels (in lieu of sensible shoes) this morning, then my usual boots (and smarter outfit) for work later.

There is something alluring about red shoes. I've always been drawn to them (ask my poor Mum about the tantrums over school shoes), but until I was sent this pair by Char I didn't own any as an adult.
I'd not yet found a reason to wear these beauties, being little miss no social life, so today seemed just perfect. For wearing pretty shoes, and for raising awareness!

Photobucket

The Basic Outfit...made up of pieces at least 3 years old!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Are you wearing red pumps today? Or at least part of the day like me? (My work outfit later will probably be this...)

xxx

P.S. It's the last day to enter my giveaway with MissyC bags!

No comments:

Post a Comment