Thursday 24 March 2011

The split personality of Lady Gaga: Singer reveals she only has tattoos on the left side of her body

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

Split personalities: Lady Gaga has revealed that she is only tattooed on the left side of her body at the request of her father


She performs on stage covered in blood and thinks horns sprouting from her face are a sensible style choice.

She also has a fondness for straight whisky and has admitted to a previous cocaine addiction.

So it is more than a little surprising that when it comes to body art, Lady Gaga is a little more conservative - because of her father's wishes.


Daddy's girl: The singer promised her father, who she has paid tribute to in ink, to leave her right side unmarked


The Born This Way singer has revealed that she has only had one side of her body inked.

Speaking to Google staff at the internet company's headquarters, she said: 'My father asked that I remain on one side slightly normal.


Webchat: Gaga discussed her body art during an hour-long Q&A session at the Google headquarters this week


'So I only have my tattoos on my left side. He's asked I don't have any more on my right side.

The 25-year-old added: 'I think he sees that as my Marilyn Monroe side.' She added that the inked side of her body is her 'Iggy Pop' side.


Daughter's promise: The 25-year-old has told how her father sees her unmarked side as her 'Marilyn Monroe' side


Gaga, real name Stefani Germanotta, visited the Google offices in California this week to livestream a Q&A session with fans.

She defended heavily criticised YouTube sensation Rebecca Black during the hour-long webchat.

Despite admitting to not having watched the clip, which has received over 40 million hits and was a trending topic on Twitter for an entire week, she said: 'I say Rebecca Black is a genius and anyone telling her she’s cheesy is full of s***.'

She also revealed that she will make her directorial debut on her next music video, Judas, with Laurieann Gibson.


Directorial debut: Gaga also revealed she will direct her upcoming music video, Judas


'The song is about honouring your darkness to bring yourself into the light,' she said. 'And it’s really fun to dance to and sounds like it could be a pop priest record.'

Gaga also said fans can expect some 'Biblical symbolism' in the clip.

She then gave a preview of some lyrics from the yet-to-be-released single: 'When he comes to me, I am ready/ I’ll wash his feet with my hair if he needs/ Forgive him when his tongue lies through his brain/ Even after three times, he betrays me/ I’ll bring him down, a king with no crown.'


Musicians@Google Presents: Google Goes Gaga



source: dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment