Saturday 26 March 2011

'I wanted to kill myself': Alex Reid says Katie Price made him ponder suicide - as she says he was 'biggest mistake of my life'

By Jody Thompson


Happier times: Estranged Alex Reid and Katie Price are now at war following their marriage split


Dumped Alex Reid claims that he thought about killing himself when estranged wife Katie Price ended their relationship.

The 35-year-old cross dressing cage fighter said: 'I was depressed... I've had some really dark moments over the last few weeks. At my lowest I thought it would be easier not to be here.'

In his first official interview since the bitter split in January, he continued: 'I feel humiliated. It was horrible because I usually live life to the full. I'm a strong guy. I'm a fighter. But this has drained me and taken all my energy and vibrancy.'


Talking to the News Of The World, Alex said he decided to break his silence over the disintegration of 11-month marriage after what he sees as attacks on him by Katie.

On her new reality TV show on Living, Katie was seen mocking his dress sense and she then gave an interview saying he might marry 40 times to find Mr Right.

He's also been left devastated by the speed with which the mother-of-three moved on to 25-year-old Argentinian model Leandro Penna following their split.

The paper claims that Alex broke down in tears as he insisted: 'After what's been said this week, and the stuff that's been on television, it's time for me to speak out and tell my story.'

Gloves are off: Alex, seen in February at a post Brit Awards party, has finally broken his silence about his split with Katie, seen partying in Dublin this week


However, the hulking boxer, who dressed occasionally in women's clothes to become his alter ego Roxanne, said he still had feelings for Katie.

He said: 'Seeing pictures of her with another man whilst we are still married is awful. Yes, I'm in pain. And in the last few weeks I've felt anger, rage, despair...But there's a big part of me that still loves her.'

'When I first saw pictures of her and that bloke Leandro I felt like I'd been punched in the stomach. I just tho"Jesus! How could she do that so soon, so publicly?"'

'This woman was, and still is, the big love of my life and leaving her was always going to be hard. I just wish it could have ended differently so that it hurt less. I would die for her and the kids.'

Curl up and dye: Katie with her boyfriend Leandro Penna on their way to Dublin last week


Alex also revealed that he was seeing a counsellor in an attempt to heal the mental scars of the break up and cope with life without his high-profile former partner.

He opined: 'I don't think I've ever been as lonely as I was in the last few months of our marriage.'

However, Katie has launched another furious attack on Alex, saying marrying him was the 'biggest mistake of her life'.

The People newspaper reports: 'Looking back now I wish I'd never met him.

'I let that man move into my home and become close to my kids. Now I can't believe I ever loved him.'

She also twisted the knife further by adding: 'Leandro is more of a man than Alex will ever be. Above all he is better in bed than Alex could ever dream of.

'It's over, he needs to get on with his life and stop talking about me...He needs to grow up and behave like a man rather than a spoilt schoolgirl.'



source:dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment