Tuesday 25 January 2011

Cristiano Ronaldo,"I Don't Envy Messi At All"


Cristiano Ronaldo talks about his rivalry with Messi in an interview with "La Gazzetta dello Sport". He made it clear that he doesn't feel envy about Messi's winning the Balon d'Or trophy, although he admitted that he prefered Xavi Hernandez.

"I don't feel envy at all with Messi. My priority is to win many Spanish Champions League with Real Madrid, not the Golden Balls"

"I don't have the obsession in having a direct rivalry with him, it's the same I feel for the other players. But one thing is certain, I want to be the best I can be," said the striker. The Portuguese said that if Messi received the second time for the Golden Ball, it means that he deserves it, but consider Xavi is a very important player, that has won the last WC.

About this season Spanish League, he admits that he finds it difficult to win it from Barcelona, but there's still possibility as they are not so far behind from Barcelona. The next El Clasico wont be decisive, but it will be a great challenge.

"We've already forgotten the game, and surely it will be a lesson.You will see that next time we will be more prepared to face Barcelona. That was a bad night for many of us. At least eight out of eleven had a below-average performance,"explained Ronaldo.

About Mou rumor on leaving Real Madrid next season, he said, "I can only say that I would be happy if I could have him as coach until the end of my career. And I hope to stay many years here in Madrid," said the striker. "I identify with him. I discovered that we have much in common. I'm happy to work with a very ambitious person."

Cristiano Ronaldo also said he got clear, both with fellow Iker Casillas, as his girlfriend, Sara Carbonero sports journalist, as the "misunderstanding" spread from a statement by the reporter about his "selfishness" of football. He also ensures that he is trying to stay calm during the games, despite the "provocations" and confesses that he would like his son to become his "successor" in the pitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment