Saturday 29 January 2011

Snack Attack

Thank you for the well wishes for yesterday guys, sadly the meeting got cancelled at the last minute due to one of the team being ill, but I'll be re-scheduling Monday and hopefully won't have to wait too long!

Yesterday I reverted back to my comfort zone, and to one of my favourite dresses. I added a black jacket until I realised just how cold it was...it was hastily swapped for a chunky cardigan!

Jewellery (hideously out of focus)

001

003

002

004

Actually, all the photos are a bit out of focus...apologies!

This week I was challenged to branch out of my comfort zone (a.k.a. rut) with snacks and add in something I haven't had before/for a while, I chose a fruit and nut mix because it is easily portable and perfect for keeping on my desk at work. I was quite un-inspired looking in the shops, everything was dull and samey (not to mention full of peanuts, which I don't especially love).
Waitrose came up trumps with these babies...

005

I'd seen Nature Snacks appear on Twitter a few times but wasn't consciously seeking them out as I didn't know where to get them. Originally it was the special offer sign that drew me over to them as well as the eye catching packaging.
There are four varieties from the brand:

Fruit, nut and dark chocolate mix

Berries Mix

Fruit, nut and yoghurt mix

Fruit and nut mix

And none of them contain peanuts, score! Give me Almonds any day. More details + stockists here

As you can see from the photo above, I went for the fruit and nut mix, which contains pistachios, golden sultanas, almonds, Chilean raisins and dragon fruit. I've never had dried dragon fruit before, or knew it existed for that matter. OMG it is amazing. I'm on a hunt for a whole bag of the stuff!

006

No dragon fruit pictured here, I'd snagged the last couple of pieces!
This mix is SO good. Sweet, tropical and the nuts are super fresh. I'm going back to Waitrose today to stock up on some other varieties whilst it is still on offer!

Have you tried Nature Snacks before?

What are you favourite snacks? I need new ideas, especially for work...

Would you like to see more food adventure related posts?

Have a great weekend xxx

P.S. Tabio and Shopbop giveaways are now closed. You can still enter the Girls With Attitude one until tomorrow,
all winners will be announced tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment