Tuesday 4 May 2010

A Beautiful Blue.... Of Course!




Those of you who have read my book sense of style: space will remember the story about me trying to match the the paint that I intended to overhaul the exterior of my house with the colour of a green swimming pool. You see, I loved the colour of a particular swimming pool located somewhere in the depths of the French countryside that I had seen in a pic in that sublime French mag Cote Sud. It made perfect sense I thought - take the pic to the paint shop - show them the colour and voila - beautiful green house with overtones of wateriness and translucency. You'll have to read the story to find out how I went with it all - but needless to say - it wasn't pretty! And as quick as a flash - the house was painted white, the colour that it remains to this day. I laughed when I came across this swimming pool on my recent trip to Bali. The blue - a beautiful blue - caught my eye straight away. How could I translate the blue of a Balinese swimming pool into the life of my interior was my first passionate thought - until I pulled myself together and reminisced over decisions from a life well and truly past! A blue. A beautiful blue - of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment