Wednesday 31 March 2010

31.03 outfits, easter biscuits and life

Hello, I hope everyone is having a good week so far? This might turn in to a bit of an epic post, so apologies in advance!

Yesterday saw me gravitating towards a lot of blue for my outfit, I'm not sure why, it isn't a colour I am instantly drawn to, but it also gave me a chance to re-experiment with the double denim approach.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I guess it's a semi nautical look as well? I'm not sure, I did remember part way through the day why I don't wear these shorts often; they button up both sides at the front and are a nightmare for toilet breaks!

Today I reverted back to my more typical style, not at all weather appropriate as it is still bitterly cold and miserable outside, but it's almost April, I'm dressing for spring regardless...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As you've probably noticed by now, Wednesday is my typical baking day...with Easter on Sunday I went seasonal and made traditional Easter biscuits, which are a real family favourite. These smell incredible when baking with the spices and dried fruits!

You can find the recipe I used here
when it came to adding the spice, I was very liberal...so I hope they are still edible! I used approx a tsp of mixed spice, and a further tsp of cinnamon.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I couldn't resist breaking away from the traditional round shape of the biscuit when I re-discovered some bunny shaped cookie cutters at the back of my baking supply drawer!

And finally, on a serious note,
my appointments Monday led to me having to make a difficult commitment in terms of treatment for my eating disorder,
I won't say more than that for now as I'm unsure as to when things will happen etc,
but mentally my head is all over the place at the moment, and so, please forgive me if I don't get around to commenting on your blogs as much as I usually do...it's hard to focus and find the words.
Silly to apologise? Perhaps, but I have always prided myself on keeping up to date with everyone who takes the time to visit my little blog and leaves such wonderful words for me, so I do have a sense of guilt going on
*hides away embarrased*

Much love all
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment