Sunday 18 April 2010

Pretty Plates All In A Row (or Two)...

Well, you know how much I love a plate! Why? Well, I can't describe the fascination for such things... Perhaps it is simply the excitement at the possibility of the food that will served upon them! Or maybe, that they are an art form of the user-friendly variety. You see, I do love my artworks to have a dual purpose - so that I can interact with them in a tactile way rather than arranging them on a wall or a pedestal for distant adoration purposes only! How beautiful to pick up a bowl, or a goblet - to touch and caress it. Or, for that piece of beauty to support the food that ensures your very survival. In this way, art becomes an active participant in our lives. And this is how I like my art to be. It's an inexpensive way to infuse our lives with beautiful things And I'm a big believe that beauty should be for everyone. And so, I offer you this gorgeous arrangement of plates today (from Anthropologie, of course!) - to give you a little beauty upon which to gaze...



No comments:

Post a Comment