Saturday 10 April 2010

sunshine and shops

Hello, Happy Saturday! How is your weekend going? I worked this morning but have otherwise being enjoying the gorgeous weather and spending time with my family. This included baking scones and cake for them yesterday, and seeing my grandparents today...perfect!

Photobucket

The ever popular cheese scones! Apparently these were even better than the last lot, but the only thing I changed was the shape!

Photobucket

And this is just a simple sponge cake with added mixed spice, mixed peel and white chocolate.

Yesterday was another floral outfit day, with the worlds most comfortable sweater to add a little warmth. The jumper was a gift from Mum, and came from New Look (of course) for a very reasonable £10

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I am also really excited to share with you a newly opened Etsy shop from the talented Sophie, over at diary of a young designer
Sophie has long been a blogger friend of mine, so when she told me she was opening a store I was beyond delighted for her!
Her shop FunnyPeopleCo sells beyond gorgeous hand-made accessories. My top three picks from the shop are:

Photobucket

Embellished tights in white with black pearls, $10...you know me and my tights addiction, so you can see why I've fallen head over heels for these!

Photobucket

Golden Nautical Knot hairband. I love all things nautical (it's my inner pirate) and I've recently developed a love for hairbands, too, so this is top of my wishlist right now! $13.25

Photobucket

Ruffles, for your hair?! YES PLEASE, this band is inspired by Gossip Girl's Jenny and costs $16.50

so go check out her shop and show a fellow blogger some love! I can't wait to see what she comes up with next!

No comments:

Post a Comment