Wednesday 27 January 2010

27.01 keeping busy

Ok, I think I'm with it enough to resume blogging and commenting properly now. Thank you so much for the continued support and kind words. I appreciate each and every one.

I'm finding that I'm mostly okay if I'm busy, so I haven't spent too much time at home lazing around like I normally would. Monday I finally caught up with a friend for coffee and yesterday Mum and I hit Bristol for some retail therapy.

We pretty much took shopping till we dropped seriously and were exhausted by the time we limped back home. Despite missing the bulk of the sales there were still a lot of bargains around, though I bought new season stock only, clothes wise...pieces that can be worn now and in to Spring/Summer when they arrive.

Today I am wearing a dress from Next that Mum decided she was treating me to. Next is somewhere I often overlook, but was suprised yesterday when I found myself coveting much of their s/s range.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Also, a little while ago I wrote a post about www.wickedeliclingerie.co.uk and mentioned that they sent me a couple of pairs to review from their sexy hosiery selection.
I posted an outfit with the first pair last week, and today I am sporting the second, which means it is time for my thoughts.

I have found tights to be hit or miss in terms of quality, not always related to the amount I have paid for them. As you know I have quite a vast collection [in the region of 30 pairs at last count] with prices varying from 50p-£10.
Both pairs of tights from wickedelic rate up at the top quality wise, making them, in my opinion, worth the price on the website [£7 for the floral side pair and £10 for the back seam pair].
Often, with low denier tights I find they ladder almost as soon as I put them on, regardless of how careful I am. These didn’t, and are well made enough to make me think that they won’t any time soon.

The service from the website was excellent. The tights were with me within 48 hours of me making my choice and arrived well packaged in a discreet padded envelope.
Standard delivery costs £4, but is free when you spend £35 or more [which is easily done with me, where tights are involved].

It is quite hard to review something like tights, compared to makeup, food or drink so apologies if this doesn’t flow particularly well. I would like to thank Nick at wickedelic for giving me this opportunity and would urge you all to check out the website if you haven’t already done so…I’ve spied some new styles on there that are on my lust list.


Anyway,
I hope everyone is well, I promise to catch up with your blogs over the course of today and tomorrow, it's the perfect form of escapism for everything that is going on in my head.

There will also be another giveaway posted soon, so stay tuned for that.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment