Wednesday 6 January 2010

Blessings for 2010...

Happy 2010 Everyone...

Hi all,
Well, we're back on board and all systems go for 2010 after a lovely two week break with the family, spent in beautiful Bali - the land of luscious green rice paddies, dainty offerings and much, much more.
It was wonderful to be back in Bali again. The last time I was there was about nine years ago when the children were only small and we spent much of our time confined to the pool.
This time, we hopped on our vespas, kids on the back, and really got into the life that is Bali. We spent most of our time up in beautiful Ubud - the land of yoga, health, rainy afternoons and Eat, Pray, Love (of course!). Ubud is such a lovely tranquil place to be - the people are still very traditional and the pace is much slower than the usual tourist haunts of Kuta and Legian. Most of all, I loved that Ubud and the happy and so, so beautiful Balinese people reminded me of the virtues of simplicity - of how peace and quiet can help you feel whole and how at the end of the day, we really don't require very much to feel satisfied.
This year, I'm hoping to keep the Balinese spirit alive within - where I am grateful for the smallest things and find peace in the moment rather than wondering what is around ever corner. It's not going to be easy (!)  - I am a planner to a fault - but I love a challenge.
And so, welcome 2010 - a year filled with peace and tranquility. And decorating workshops (I hope you guys can make it to beautiful Bangalow to share a day of decorating fun with me), expanding the vegetable garden and planting more trees! Oh, and tinkering with my new product range! Oh, and getting fit and healthy! Oh, and maybe doing some more writing (I feel that there's a another book hiding away inside me somewhere)! And, well - a little renovating and redecorating! Oh goodness - I told you it wasn't going to be easy!!! Om....



No comments:

Post a Comment